Disable Balloon Tips
If you’re like me and find balloon tips somewhat annoying then follow the steps below. This registry change tells the operating system to disable balloon tips on your computer, you will be venturing into your registry so please make sure to backup your registry before applying these settings (backup your registry). Below you will find the steps necessary to accomplish this. As always comments/suggestions are welcome.
Note: Setting for Value Data: [0 = Balloon Tips Disabled / 1 = Balloon Tips Enabled]
1. These tweaks require that you venture into your registry, please backup your registry.
2. Go to Start > Run when the Run box opens type in regedit
3. Your registry should have opened [Just checking…have you backed up your registry?] Navigate to the following keys;HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > Advanced
4. Right-click the right pane, select Create > DWORD value, and name it EnableBalloonTips.
5. Double-click the entry you just created and give it a hexadecimal value of 0. Click OK.
6. Log off and then Log back on to WIndows again to apply settings.
Note: If you wish to re-enable the tips you can delete EnableBallonTips.